Outstanding aspirants are invited to become a part of the UBC Science & SciLifeLab International Prize for Young Scientists in Canada for the session 2020/2021. The funding programme is open to both domestic and international students.
The prize is awarded annually to one young scientist for outstanding life science research for the academic session 2020/2021.
Get educational fund benefits with this application offered by the University of British Columbia and Science & SciLifeLab for the session 2020/2021. Apply soon!
User Review( votes)
Established in 1908, the University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, which is consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities of the world. It offers a range of study areas through its many undergraduates and graduates degree level programs.
Why would you like to study at the University of British Columbia? The university is especially known for its highly ranked courses that are designed to provide industry-related knowledge. Here students can find a degree that suits their interests, strengths, and career goals.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2020
- University or Organization: the University of British Columbia and Science & SciLifeLab
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: USD$10,0000 – USD$30,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree program in Cell and Molecular Biology; Genomics, Proteomics and Systems Biology approaches; Ecology and?Environment; Molecular Medicine.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Open to one young scientist for outstanding life science research for which they were awarded a doctoral degree in the previous two years.
- Must have been awarded their doctoral degree in 2018 or 2019, and the subject of their thesis should match one of the Subject Tracks above.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the prize, candidates must complete and submit the Entry Form. After that, the Entry Formand additional submission materials must be submitted electronically through our prize management system here.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit an essay, written by the entrant, describing the thesis work and its implications for research in the selected Subject Track. Note: The essay must not exceed 1,000 words in length and may include one figure or table. A one-page reference letter from your advisor or a member of your thesis committee, and the abstract of the thesis (not to exceed four double-spaced typed pages).
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have relevant professional experience.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
The candidates will get prize money US$30,000 for the grand prize winner and US$10,000 for each of the category winners.