The UCL Institute for Global Health is offering African Graduate Scholarship. the scholarship is open to the candidate who must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation at the time of application.
The scholarship covers UCL tuition fees, accommodation, and cost of living. The candidate must arrange for and obtain the additional funding required to cover travel, student visa, and initial expenses.
Great chance to pursue a postgraduate degree in the UK with financial help.
User Review( vote)
The UCL Institute for Global Health (IGH) is a world-leading center of research and teaching excellence in global health. Our vision is to collaborate across disciplines to find solutions to global health problems. They believe there is no single solution to the world’s health problems.
- Application Deadline: April 27, 2020
- Course Level: These Scholarships are available to pursue a postgraduate degree program.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers UCL tuition fees, accommodation, and cost of living. The candidate must arrange for and obtain the additional funding required to cover travel, student visa, and initial expenses.
- Numbers of Award: Not Known
- Nationality: African students are eligible to apply.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible countries: African students are eligible to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation, at the time of application.
- The candidate must have applied and obtained an offer letter to study a full-time postgraduate programme at the UCL Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- Demonstrate financial need
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The applicants can apply by email for this scholarship
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application form with the following documentation:
- A letter confirming current employment status and annual salary in GBP.
- Proof of funding status including evidence that they have applied to other funding bodies for additional
- If any additional funding has been obtained, the applicant must provide evidence of this in the form of a signed letter from the funding organization stating the additional sponsorship/scholarship amount in sterling.
- If the funding comes from personal resources, copies of official bank statements showing the balance of funds must be submitted.
- £19,420 Tuition fee for overseas students in 20
- 19-2020 AY £580 Initial expenses (warm clothes for winter, student supplies, etc.)
- £15,000 Accommodation, food, public transport, and other daily expenses
- Travel expenses (You will need to calculate the cost of your travel to and from the UK as well as the cost for the student visa)
- MSc Project costs (You will need to calculate the costs of your project if you choose to conduct an MSc project overseas. Candidates are not required to write a dissertation that requires traveling). £35,000 TOTAL (plus travel and project costs)