Don’t miss the opportunity to participate in the International PhD Scholarship in Social Data Science for higher studies at the University of Copenhagen.
The funding program assists deserving students who want to commence a PhD degree at the University. The educational fund is available for the academic session 2021/2022.
User Review( votes)
The University of Copenhagen (UCPH) is a public academic university in Copenhagen, Denmark. It is the second-oldest university in Scandinavia, having been founded in 1479, and is widely regarded as one of the best in the Nordic countries and Europe.
Why study at the University of Copenhagen? While studying at the University of Copenhagen, students will get solid professional chances, great academic ability, and advanced skills for a successful future.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2021
- University or Organization: The University of Copenhagen
- Department: The Faculty of Social Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: DKK 27,568.13 per month
- Number of Awards:
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All overseas applicants are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programme in Social Data Science
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the candidates must have a background in sociology, psychology, economics, political science, anthropology, computational social science, cognitive science, natural language processing or a related field, and have experience with the collection, processing and analysis of qualitative – and ideally also quantitative – data. Experience with and openness to working in an interdisciplinary research environment is preferred.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All interested candidates are required to take admission in a PhD degree at the University of Copenhagen. After being enrolled, applicants can complete the online application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter (max 2 pages) detailing the applicant’s motivation and background for applying
- Project proposal (max 5 pages) comprising (a) an outline of a proposed research project and its contribution to work package 4 (Regulating Distractions); (b) a description and reflections on experiences with social data science methods and interdisciplinary collaboration; (c) broader thoughts and ideas on how to contribute to making DISTRACT an agenda-setting social data science project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Rough time plan/schedule
- List of publications (if any)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must check and fulfil the requirements to be admitted at UCH for the studentship.
- Language Requirement: Aspirants must have to be proficient in written and spoken English language.
The University of Copenhagen will provide a monthly salary range starts at DKK 27,568.13 per month incl. PhD supplement.