Applications are invited for UGC National Fellowship available to candidates who belong to Other Backward Classes (OBC) and wish to pursue higher studies leading to full-time M.Phil. and PhD degrees. The candidate should have passed the postgraduate examination and annual income of the beneficiary/parents or guardian of the beneficiary not exceeds Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum from all sources.
The objective of this award is to provide fellowships in the form of financial assistance to unemployed students belonging to OBC to pursue higher studies leading to M.Phil and Ph.D degrees (full-time) in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology, in India.
Course Level:Fellowships are available to pursue higher studies leading to M.Phil and Ph.D degrees (full-time) in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges approved under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act. and in Non-Universities/Institutions.
Study Subject(s): Fellowships are awarded in the area of Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology.
Award: The candidate would be eligible for following financial assistance:
- Fellowship in Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Engineering & Technology: @Rs.25000/-p.m. for initial two years and @Rs.28000/-p.m. for remaining tenure.
- Contingency A: @Rs.10000/-p.a. for initial two years and @Rs.20500/-p.a. for remaining tenure.
- Contingency B: @Rs.12000/-p.a. for initial two years and @Rs.25000/-p.a. for remaining tenure.
- Departmental Assistance: @Rs. 3000/- p.a. per student to the host and institution for providing infrastructure
- Escorts/Reader assistance: @ Rs. 2000/- p.m. in cases of physically and handicapped & blind candidates.
- HRA: As per rules of the University/ Institutions.
The award can be taken inIndia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- The candidate should belong to OBC and should have passed the Post Graduate examination and annual income of the beneficiary/parents or guardian of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum from all sources.
- The candidate who is already registered for M.Phil./Ph.D. will be eligible for the consideration for award of fellowship under cited scheme.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
- Selection will be made on the basis of merit of the candidates. However, the actual payment of fellowship will be made directly to awardee through e-payment under DBT with effect from 1st April of selection/financial year (or) from date of joining the fellowship, whichever is later.
Nationality: Indian citizens (belong to Other Backward Classes) are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15 August 2016.