The new 8th Undergraduate Summer School Scholarships in biological sciences at the University of Lausanne is now available on offer for students from all around the world. The university offers fully-funded positions which cover tuition costs, living expenses, and justified travel costs will be awarded to all selected participants.
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, before being made a university in 1890. Today about 13,500 students and 2,200 researchers study and work at the university.
User Review( votes)
The candidate must be the holder of a degree from a foreign university. Participants must prove a good knowledge of English in their motivation letter (number of years of Language classes taken, specific experience in an English-speaking environment etc.) and IELTS or TOEFL test.
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
- Course Level: This is a Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) programme. The English-taught 8-week programme (July 4th to August 29th, 2018).
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in biological sciences.
- Award: The program coordinator will arrange and pay for the housing. You will be housed within one of the buildings of the FMEL association, in a single room within an apartment with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities. The program coordinator will inform you when your housing assignment is made, how to contact them and where it is located.
- The programme will also provide you a scholarship of approximately CHF 1500 to cover other living expenses. It is advised to bring extra money for expenses above and beyond standard housing and living expenses (e.g., weekend travel).
- Limited funds are available to cover justified costs of travel to Lausanne. In general, up to CHF 500 for European travel and CHF 1200 for overseas travel is covered. Original receipts and boarding passes will be required for reimbursement.
- Assistance will be provided to all students who require visas to come to Switzerland.
- Participants must be covered for health and accidents from their home country.
- Nationality: Students from all around the world are eligible.
- Number of Awards: This scholarship is open to around 15 bachelor students.
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is open to around 15 bachelor students from all over the world and aims at introducing to them the world of biological and biomedical research.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
The programme is aimed at undergraduate students who have completed the second or third year of their university degree in any biological or medical field. Undergraduate means the first 4 years of university training usually towards a bachelor’s degree. Applicants who have completed only one year of an undergraduate degree, or who will have graduated by the time of the programme are not eligible.
The programme is highly competitive and students are chosen based upon their academic record (typically GPA >3.75 or equivalent, and/or top 5% class ranking), personal statements, and letters of recommendation.
If your university does not use a 4 point scale, then include an explanation of your grading scale in the online application (under curriculum vitae B). Differences in grading scales will be taken into consideration, but you must be in the top 5 % of your class.)
Students can be of any nationality and be studying in any country but should have very good abilities in written and spoken English.
Students must be present for the entire programme to participate.
Selected participants will be informed via email about 3 weeks after the application deadline.
English Language Requirements: Students should have very good English language skills.
How to Apply: Transcripts
A listing of all courses with grades taken at the university level is required in the online application. In addition, an official document of your transcripts, saved in a Word, JPG or PDF format, in English, French or German must be uploaded during the online application
This document should be named in the following format:
In addition to the online application, you must arrange for two confidential letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic work (e.g., professors). Please ask your referees to use the letter template below.
This form should be completed and named in the following format:
The document should be e-mailed directly by your referees to sur-at-unil.ch before the application deadline.