The University of Alberta is inviting applications for Course-Based Master’s Recruitment Scholarship. The grant is available to domestic and international Students being newly admitted to the University of Alberta in the fall 2020 or winter 2021 Term.
The aim of this application is to recruit the best students at the master level who have the potential to become excellent doctoral students.
User Review( vote)
Founded in 1908, The University of Alberta is a public research university situated in Alberta, Canada. It offers hundreds of programs, courses, and degrees.
Why at the University of Alberta? Alberta is ranked in the top 5 Canadian universities and is one of the top 100 in the world. In addition to services for students, UAI also provides support to senior administration and faculty members in furthering the University of Alberta’s international activities.
- University or Organization: The University of Alberta
- Department: The Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
- Course Level: The grant is open for the master degree program.
- Award: $17,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Domestic and international
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Application Deadline: TBA
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The support will be awarded to study any subjects offered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
The grant is open to both domestic and study-permit applicants who must have an admission GPA of 3.7 or higher, and be admitted into a UA course-based master’s starting in Sept 2020 or Jan 2021
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://cloudfront.ualberta.ca/-/media/gradstudies/forms-cabinet/awards/department-faculty-resources/nomination-forms/2019-ua-master-recruitment-scholarship.pdf
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents: A complete nomination package consists of this form which includes space for a departmental letter of nomination, a CV & 2 letters of reference, Departmental Nomination Letter
- Admission Requirements: To participate in this application , the applicants must be registered full-time in a course-based master’s degree program at the university.
- Language Requirement: English
The university Offered for one year at a value of $17,000 plus payment of tuition and fees up to the maximum cost for registration in the equivalent of 9 normal credit weights (equivalent to 18 fee index units) in courses for the first Fall Term and Winter Term of the Master’s program only.