The University of Birmingham is now offering the Commonwealth Masters Scholarships for international students to ensure that more students have access to higher education in the UK.
The award is available to all international students from countries participating in the Commonwealth Games and want to study for a taught master’s degree at the university. Eligible scholars who successfully meet the criteria will benefit from this award in the form of their total tuition fees owed.
Hurry Up! Apply for this scholarship programme and study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Birmingham, established in 1825, is a founding member of both the British research universities’ Russell Association and the international research university network. The QS world university rankings ranked it 79th in the world.
Why choose the University of Birmingham? The university provides innovative academic research, and pedagogy, which influenced the communities and impacted people’s lives. Their faculty offers both language and technological skills that are effective enough to understand the programs’ lectures. Here, scholars have many career-related opportunities.
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit their programme application before 31 August.
- University or Organization: University of Birmingham
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: £3,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Commonwealth Countries (Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Cameroon, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Swaziland, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, and Vanuatu)
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The grant is open for the master’s degree n any subject at the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for the grant, candidates must:
- Have applied for, and receive an offer of admission for, a taught Masters degree at the university campus, to study in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the Commonwealth countries.
- Be organised by the university as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Must be going to pursue their degree at the university in September/ October 2022 on a course delivered on-campus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the grant, candidates must have to take admission in the university, and they will be considered for the award automatically.
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants need to submit a copy of a valid ID card, a passport photo in JPG format, a CV, and academic documents.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must need to have good grades in their previous academic study, equivalent to the minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) for their degree.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have an adequate level of written and spoken English.
The University of Birmingham will provide the award amount to the high achieving candidates having a value of £3,000 per scholarship.