With a purpose to support students undertaking fundamental research into fire safety and fire science, the University of Canterbury has established the NZ SFPE Fire Engineering Scholarship for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship program is open to participants from New Zealand as well as international countries. The students must be enrolled in a full-time programme at the university. One winning student will be announced and be presented an award worth $5,000.
A wonderful chance for international candidates.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1873 as Canterbury College, the first constituent college of the University of New Zealand, The University of Canterbury is a public research university based in Christchurch, New Zealand. The university is ranked 258th in the QS World University Rankings, 2022.
Why choose to study at the University of Canterbury? The University of Canterbury is very proud to offer the foundation of an excellent education and holistic learning experience while ensuring its students are prepared to succeed and make a positive difference in the world around them. At Canterbury, they challenge and inspire the students to empower others and to be the best they can in their work, their studies and their interactions with each other.
Application Deadline: Applications will close sharp on 11:59 pm (NZT), 30th November, 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Canterbury
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in New Zealand.
- Eligible Countries: New Zealanders and other overseas students can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master of Engineering in Fire Engineering program can be undertaken at the University of Canterbury.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled in a full-time programme at the University of Canterbury.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications at Canterbury are supposed to be made through the university portal. Eligible applicants will automatically be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Degree certificate/graduation certificate/transcript
- Identity document
- Thesis, if applicable
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold Bachelor of Engineering with Honours with First or Second Class Honours, or Postgraduate Certificate in Engineering with a GPA of 5 or more, or Bachelor of Science with Honours in appropriate subjects.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- TOEFL PBT – 575
- CCEL EAP – Level 2
- CAE or CPE – 176
- PTE – 58
- NZCEL – Level 5
- FluentIQ B – 8/10
- LanguageCert – C1 Expert IESOL (LRWS) with HIGH PASS
- NZAPA – Level 3
The winning candidates will be awarded financial assistance of $5,000 by the University of Canterbury to pursue their Master of Engineering in Fire Engineering.