If you want to start your research career with an educational fund in the UK, you can apply for the Novo Nordisk PhD Studentships at the University of Leicester. The programme is funded by Novo Nordisk for the session 2020/2021.
The studentship supports interested UK and EU students who want to conduct a research programme at the Department of Health Sciences. This PhD project will undertake a series of epidemiological analyses of the Hypoglycaemia Assessment Tool (HAT) study database.
Amazing opportunity for excellent students to get funding for their education in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1921, the University of Leicester has been rewarded with five-star ratings for teaching quality over the past thirteen years. It is a leading university committed to international excellence, world-changing research, and high quality, inspirational teaching.
Why would you like to study at the University of Leicester? Leicester provides innovative and practical courses over a variety of disciplines and they have a vibrant research culture. It also offers various pathways for career advancement and professional development for the students.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Leicester
- Department: Department of Health Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Annual stipend+ tuition fee waiver+ research training support grant
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: UK and EU Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree coursework in the Department of Health Sciences.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, students must have to meet the following criteria:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree with at least a 2:1 in a relevant subject or overseas equivalent in a relevant subject.
- An MSc in Medical Statistics or Epidemiology or related subject is desirable.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the studentships, candidates must have to take admission in a PhD degree programme at the University of Leicester. After being registered, candidates will use the ‘Apply’ button at the bottom of the page. In the funding section of the application please indicate you wish to be considered for the TM65001 Zaccardi_Novo Studentship. In the proposal section please provide the name of the supervisors and project title.
- Supporting Documents: With the application, please include: CV, personal statement, degree certificates, and transcripts of study already completed and if possible transcript to date of study currently being undertaken.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students are required to meet the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Provide evidence of English language proficiency if applicable.
The University of Leicester will provide the following benefits:
- An annual stipend at UKRI rates (currently £15,285 per year).
- Tuition fee waiver at UK/EU rates.
- Research training support grant (including travel allowance of £2,500 per year for 3 years).