For providing financial support to the brilliant international aspirants, the University of Lowa glad to offer its International Student Study Abroad Scholarship for the academic year 2020-21. The free study will be awarded via a competitive, merit-based application process.
Wonderful opportunity for an International Student.
User Review( votes)
The University of Iowa is the state’s oldest institution of higher education located in Iowa City. The university offers undergraduate and graduates education, professional education, and education and training in the health sciences.
Why at the University of Iowa? The UI is home to one of the largest and most acclaimed medical centres in the country. It’s graduate programs ranked among the top 10 in the country. It seeks to advance scholarly and creative endeavor through leading-edge research and artistic production.
Application Deadline: March 26, 2020
University or Organization: University of Iowa
Course Level: Undergraduate Program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International Student
The program can be taken in the United States
Eligible Countries: International Student is eligible to apply for this grant.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study undergraduate programs offered by the University.
Admissible Criteria: Applicant must:
Applicants must be an undergraduate International Student (not holding a U.S. passport or U.S. permanent residence Green card)
- Candidates must be in good academic standing
- Students must have a minimum 3.33 UI cumulative GPA as reported on the unofficial UI grade report
- Applicants must have completed at least 12 semester hours by the application deadline
- Students must have proposed to study abroad for at least one semester or academic year (not in their home country)
Students must be participating in a formal, academic-credit granting Study Abroad program sponsored by the University of Iowa, another U.S. university, exchange organization, or may enroll directly in a foreign university.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To apply for this funded education, Students who meet the eligibility requirements to apply for the International Student Study Abroad scholarship by completing and submitting the online application.
- Supporting Documents: If you wish to participate, you need to submit the application page, two essays (Statement of Proposed Study and Personal Statement – every 750 words or less), an unofficial grade report (from MyUI Student Portal), and two letters of reference (UI faculty/Teaching Assistants).
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Benefits: One (1), $1,000 International Student Scholarship will be available for each semester.