The University of Malaya is pleased to announce the International Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PDRF) Positions. Candidates can apply to be appointed for the academic year 2023-2024.
The position can be applied for by international and home country national students. They must have applied for a position in the field of science and technology and social science to be considered. A PhD degree, necessary experience, and an excellent track record in publication is required. Selected candidates can expect to receive a grant of up to RM100,000.
Nice offer for international students in Malaysia
User Review( votes)
The University of Malaya is a public research university founded in 1949 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This university is the oldest and highest-ranking Malaysian institution of higher education according to two international ranking agencies, and also the only university in the post-independent Malaya, ranking 70th in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Malaya? The University of Malaya is a global university impacting the world and pushing the boundaries of knowledge and nurturing aspiring leaders. The university’s vision is to become an institution of excellence and is committed to conduct teaching and learning, carry out research and provide quality services on a global level.
Application Deadline: Applications can be made for this scholarship until 14th March 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Malaya
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: RM100,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Home
- The award can be taken in Malaysia
- Eligible Countries: International and local candidates can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PDRF) position in the Social Science Field and Science & Technology Field at the University of Malaya can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an excellent track record in publication (at least two papers either in Q1/Q2 and as 1st author of the publications).
- The applicants must have experience in carrying out research and have been published in indexed and peer-reviewed journals at either the national or the international level.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: PDSR scholarship application form must be submitted separately along with the listed supporting documents to [email protected] to be considered for the position.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- One (1) copy of a passport-sized photograph with a blue background
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of academic qualifications Description of PhD thesis/dissertation
- First page of publications
- Referee report
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have obtained a PhD degree in less than 5 years.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL PBT – 600
The selected candidates will be provided the following benefits by the University of Malaya:
- Science & Technology Field – An external grant worth at least RM100,000 and above (balance of the grant).
- Social Science Field – An external grant worth at least RM50,000 and above (balance of the grant).