Intending to support the education of brilliant students in Australia, the University of Melbourne is announcing the Malcolm D H Smith Memorial International Scholarship. The programme is open for the session 2021-2022.
The funding programme supports domestic and international students who want to commence the Melbourne JD (Juris Doctor degree) programme.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a well-known institution in Australia that provides a high-quality education at affordable tuition fees with degrees. It offers a range of undergraduate, honours, graduate, and research degrees; enrolling over 9,700 undergraduate and 2,400 graduate students.
Why study at the University of Melbourne? The University helps to build initiative and academic skills that can be used for life. Melbourne prepares students to make their own impact, offering education that stimulates, leading to meaningful careers and the skills to make profound contributions to society.
Application Deadline: October 8, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Melbourne
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Graduate law degree (Juris Doctor degree)
- Awards: Up to $7,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Juris Doctor degree program in Law, legal studies, and criminology.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have applied for and been selected into the Melbourne JD.
- Have completed an undergraduate law degree or degree majoring in Asian studies at a tertiary institution in Australia or Asia.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to take admission in the Juris Doctor program at the University of Melbourne. After being registered, candidates will have to complete and submit the application.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants will need to provide a CV, academic transcripts, and a brief statement outlining their commitment to understanding one or more Asian societies. Capacity to speak an Asian language is desirable.
- Admission Requirements: Students will be selected on the basis of academic results and their commitment to understanding one or more Asian societies.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
The University of Melbourne will provide a scholarship of $7,000 to domestic and international students for the academic year 2021-2022.