Outstanding aspirants are invited to participate in an exciting University of Otago China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand for the academic year 2023-2024.
The University of Otago funds the PhD scholarship will be awarded to students who wish to study in a PhD program. The students will receive a tuition fee waiver for up to 4 years, the full-time study only, and a top-up of the China Scholarship Council Scholarship monthly stipend to the value of a University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship stipend.
Amazing chance for international students to study in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
The University was founded in 1869 and supported students in the field of sport, education, music, and the arts. It also delivers a high-level experience for students with various programs in its selected success area.
Why study at the University of Otago? The University of Otago is identified as one of the most attractive campuses on earth that deliver students an unrivaled campus experience and a vibrant, social student culture. It maintains an uptight reputation for producing well-rounded, practical, adaptable, resilient graduates highly desired by employers. Students of the University of Otago are backed by dozens of dedicated on-campus support services, ensuring that students get the very best out of their time there.
Application Deadline: Applicants can apply anytime
- University or Organization: University of Otago
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee waiver
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a PhD degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants meet the eligibility standards set by the China Scholarship Council to apply for and receive one of its scholarships. Refer to the official website of the China Scholarship Council for more information.
- Applicants must have admission into the PhD program at the University of Otago.
- Unless otherwise stated in these conditions or within the schedule, Doctoral and Master’s scholarships are open only to Domestic Fee Paying Students.3 International candidates studying for professional doctorates are eligible to apply, but the tuition fee waiver will be capped at the domestic rate if awarded a scholarship.
- In the case of applicants for a doctoral scholarship, confirmation of the scholarship is dependent on the approval of their application for admission to the relevant doctoral program and completion of the enrolment procedure.
- In the case of applicants for a Master’s scholarship, confirmation of the scholarship is dependent on the approval of their application to register as a Master’s candidate and completion of the enrolment procedure.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Curious applicants must apply via the official online platform and complete their application process at the university. The accepted candidates will receive an application to apply for the scholarship upon acceptance.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents:
- Academic transcripts
- ID proof
- Research proposal
- Copy of valid passport
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to hold at least a two-year master’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must attain the minimum scores needed on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 500
- CAE – 176
- CPE – 176
- PTE Academic – 58
Selective candidates will get an amount that varies. The scholarship will be offered subject to available funds, a tuition fee waiver for up to 4 years, full-time study only, and a top-up of the China Scholarship Council Scholarship monthly stipend to the value of a University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship stipend.