The University of Pretoria is offering International Sexual & Reproductive Rights Scholarships to excellent students who are interested in pursuing a master‡s degree in South Africa.
The educational program is open to individuals from diverse professional backgrounds including lawyers, advocates, researchers, social activists, and educators.
Nice offer for international students in South Africa.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1908, the University of Pretoria (UP) is situated in the heart of South Africa’s capital city. It is organised into nine faculties and a business school.
Why would like to study at the University of Pretoria? UP offers some of the most stunning work surroundings, as well as convenient access to a variety of lifestyle amenities to assist you in achieving your personal and professional objectives. You can put your talents to the test and use what you’ve learned in practical classes, or you can make a difference by volunteering in the community.
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until July 31, 2022.
- University: University of Pretoria
- Department: Faculty of Law
- Course Level: Masters
- Awards: Up to US$15000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Up to 15
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: International students
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Masters (LLM, MPhil) degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- LLM degree requirements. The LLM degree is open to individuals with an LLB degree or equivalent.
- MPhil degree requirements. The MPhil degree is open to non-lawyers with at least an honours degree in an academic discipline relevant to sexual and reproductive rights in Africa. Other relevant requirements foreign qualifications are subject to South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) requirements.
- Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate human rights experience or interest. A maximum of fifteen students will be accepted for the 2022 academic year.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this funding programme, applicants must complete the online application system.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official academic transcripts
- Personal statement
- Letter of Recommendation/ Reference Letter
- Copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English
The University of Pretoria will provide an award amount of up to US$15000 for successful candidates.