If you wish to pursue a career in academic research, then you can apply for the George Watson International Fellowship funded by the University of Queensland. The grant is available to overseas students.
The purpose of the funding programme is to promote visits to the University of Queensland by scholars in any of the fields of study taught by the School of Communication and Arts.
Amazing opportunity for excellent students to get funding for their education in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1909, the University of Queensland is ranked second nationally by excellence in research and equal second in Australia. It is committed to providing high-quality research-led education and teaching environment.
Why would you like to choose the University of Queensland? At this university, students will get challenging and inspirational education during their study time. It offers comprehensive support services and orientation programs so that you can enjoy the best possible study experience at the university.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Higher Degree by Research
- Award: Annual income from an endowment
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Higher Degree by Research in Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the fellowship programme, applicants are required to hold their previous certificates of degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity , students must have to take admission in a Higher Degree by Research programme at the University of Queensland. After that, fellows shall be appointed by the Senate on the recommendation of the Head of the School of Communication and Arts.
- Supporting Documents: Must provide degree certificates, academic transcripts, CV, award certificates/testamurs for all completed post-secondary study, a copy of your passport, and contact details from two referees who can best comment on your prior research experience with your application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
The fellowship fund shall be used, normally 2 years after the establishment of the fund and at intervals of approximately 2 years thereafter, to provide for any or all of the fares, maintenance, and lecture fees of a George Watson Fellow.