The University of Sussex Doctoral School is delighted to offer a number of ESRC-funded studentships via the South-East Network for Social Sciences Doctoral Training Partnership. Scholarships cover university tuition fees and a stipend (currently £14,777)
The University of Sussex is the first of the new wave of UK universities founded in the 1960s, receiving its Royal Charter in 1961. We have over 14,000 students and more than 2,000 staff members.
The University of Sussex Doctoral School is delighted to offer a number of ESRC-funded studentships via the South-East Network for Social Sciences Doctoral Training Partnership. Scholarships include payment of UK/EU fees and in the case of UK students a maintenance grant (for information the 2018-19 rate is £14,777 per annum).
• Application Deadline: January 20, 2021
• Course Level: The studentships are available to study postgraduate Research program.
• Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study science technology and sustainability, psychology, social work and social policy, economics.
• Award: Scholarships cover university tuition fees and a stipend (currently £14,777)
• Nationality: The grant is available to Home/EU and International students.
• a number of scholarship: Number not given.
• The award can be taken in the UK
• Eligible Countries: The grant is available to Home/EU and international students
• Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold at least a UK upper second class honours degree or equivalent. The financial aid positions will be awarded for a period of either three years for those with an ESRC recognized research training qualification or equivalent (+3) or four years (1+3) for those without.
• Scholarships include payment of UK/EU fees and in the case of UK students a maintenance grant (for information the 2018-19 rate is £14,777 per annum). EU students will normally only be eligible for a fees-only award. EU students may be eligible for the maintenance grant (at the UK rate) where they have been living in the UK for three years prior to the start of the course.
• Part-time students are welcome to apply and in such cases, opportunities are paid pro-rata.
• These awards are open to Home/EU applicants, apart from Economics which is also open to International applicants.
• The 1+3 (Masters + PhD) route is available at Sussex for the following Master’s programmes:
• How to Apply: The Sense ESRC studentship competition in now opens.
• If you wish to apply for an ESRC studentship you must first apply for a place on a PhD course at the University of Sussex. Once you have secured a place you will need to complete a Sense studentship application form.
• Please note: Students wishing complete the SeNSS application form must discuss this with their supervisor.
• The deadline for applying for a place at the University of Sussex is 20 January 2021.
• The deadline for completing a SeNSS application form is 27 January 2021. The SeNSS application will need input from your supervisors.
• For further information about how to apply to see our SeNSS webpage: