The University of York is pleased to announce the ten Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships in the UK 2020/2021. These scholarships are open for exceptional undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
These prestigious scholarships aim to reward and encourage exceptionally high-achieving students by offering a tuition fee discount to those expected to achieve AAA at A-level, 36 points in the IB (or international equivalents), or a First class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents).
A valuable opportunity for international students to study in the UK with financial support.
User Review( votes)
The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university, located in the city of York, England. A member of the Russell Group, they are committed to strengthening our position as one of the world’s premier institutions for inspirational and life-changing research.
Why at the University of York? At the university, the Career Center will help in contacting employers and alumni to help connect with various programs, services and events, custom recruitment strategies, internship programs, career fairs, recruitment sessions, and employers and alumni provide you.
- University or Organization: The University of York
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Scholarship Award: £5,000
- Numbers of Award: Ten
- Nationality: International
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Application Deadline: Thursday 30 April 2020, 11.59 pm BST
- Language: English
- Access Mode: Online
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Open to International (non-EU) students only.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarships will be awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: You’re eligible for different levels of award depending on your nationality and country of residence. The allocation table below shows which awards are available to you. Some awards are available to all international (non-EU) students.
To be eligible for an Academic Excellence Scholarship, you must:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by 30 April 2020 (you don’t need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 30 April 2020)
- intend to study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught masters course based on the University of York campus
- have met your language condition by 30 April 2020 (Vice Chancellor’s only).
You will not be eligible if:
- you hold a 100 per cent tuition fee scholarship or are fully sponsored
- you are an undergraduate student and have made us your insurance choice before 30 April 2020.
Students on the following pathways are not eligible for these scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance and online learning courses
- Part-time courses
- Kaplan International College London
- GEMMA, CASPPER and Mundus MAPP
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application through the given link: https://www.york.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/fees-funding/international/scholarships/appformforacademicexcellencevcs/
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be submitting 3 short statements of 250-300 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the scholarship applicants need to take admission at the University of York.
- Language Requirement: The English language is required for candidates who do not speak English as their first language.
Benefits: The program will provide five undergraduate scholarships of £5,000, five postgraduate taught scholarships of £5,000.