For the academic year 2017/2018, the University of Paduais offering 15 research fellowships fully funded by the Foundation Cash Savings of Padua and Rovigo. These opportunities are available for foreign students to attend doctoral courses.
The University of Padova strongly prioritises third level education, and has been recently enhancing the support for research training, with the aim at always pursuing the highest standards.
User Review( votes)
The University of Padua is a premier Italian university located in the city of Padua, Italy. The University of Padua was founded in 1222 as a school of law and was one of the most prominent universities in early modern Europe
In order to apply for the University of Padova, students must provide certificates to prove their language competences in Italian and/or English.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue doctoral studies at the University of Padua, Italy.
Study Subject (s): The studentships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
List of Subjects: Animal and Food Science, Arterial Hypertension and Vascular Biology, Astronomy, biomedical science, Bio science, Brain, mind and computer science, Civil and environmental engineering sciences, Crop Science, Departmental medicine and health planning sciences, Earth Science, economics and management, fusion science and engineering, Industrial engineering, information engineering, History, criticism and preservation of cultural heritage, International law and private and labour law, Land, environment, resources and health, Linguistics, Philology and Literary science, Management Engineering and Real Estate Appraisal, materials engineering and science, Mathematical science, Mechatronics and product innovation engineering, Medical, Clinical and Experimental Sciences, Molecular Sciences, oncology and surgical oncology, Pedagogical, Educational and Instructional Science, Pharmacological science, Philosophy, Physics, Psychological sciences, Social Sciences: Interactions, communications and cultural constructions, Space Sciences, Technologies and Measurements, Statistical Sciences and Veterinary sciences.
Number of Awards: 15 PhD grants for the admission of foreign candidates to doctoral courses (33rd series) a.y. 2017/18 are now available.
Award: The value of the award is of 13.638,47 € per year (gross amount). The fellowship is subject to social security contribution. The value of the fellowship is increased by 50% for periods of study abroad excluding those in the official country of residence. For periods of study abroad students must have the approval of the Doctoral Course. Fellowships are paid in monthly instalments. The first instalment is paid the month following the actual beginning of the course.
The award can be taken in the Italy
Eligibility: In order to be deemed eligible, applicants are required to meet the following criteria by the deadline date of the call:
- have foreign (non-Italian) citizenship;
- have foreign (non-Italian) residence;
- be in possession of a foreign (non-Italian) academic qualification recognised as equivalent to the Diploma di Laurea/ Laurea Specialistica/Magistrale amounting to at least four years of full time university education and leading to a doctorate in the country where the studies were carried out. For the sole purpose of this selection procedure, the qualification must be recognized equivalent to an Italian one by the Commission of the PhD course applied for (art. 4). The eligible degree must be awarded no later than 30th June 2017;
- be no older than 35.
- Candidates shall be admitted to the selection procedure with reserve.
- The University may, at any time, exclude applicants who do not meet the admission requirements. In such an event, candidates will be notified by e-mail.
Nationality: Candidates of all nationalities (non-Italian) are eligible for these doctoral fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: In order to apply for the University of Padova, students must provide certificates to prove their language competences in Italian and/or English as follows:
- A2 Italian level (for students attending course units in Italian)
- B1 English level (for students attending course units in English)
How to Apply: Candidates can only apply for one Doctoral Course among the ones listed in Annex 1 – List of Doctoral Courses and related research lines. In case of several curricula within one Course, candidates shall choose one of them. They inform applicants that for the academic year 2017/2018, the list of the Doctoral Courses is provisional and that their activation depends on the conclusion of the Ministry examination process on their requisites (DM 45/2013). Application forms will be selected only for those Doctoral Courses that will be confirmed by the Ministry. Applications must be exclusively completed and submitted online at the web address: by 1.00 p.m. (CEST) of the deadline date (March 28, 2017). Only submitted applications will be taken into consideration. The University shall accept no liability for cable, IT or e-mail errors for which the University is not responsible. In order to fill in the online form, applicants must first obtain a username and a password. They will then be able to proceed with the application form by clicking on ‘Enter‡ (see annex 2 for the guidelines for the completion of the application form). Candidates must state the following information and any other relevant information on the application form and do so under their own liability:
- Personal data, date and place of birth, place of residence
- Citizenship; – academic degree, with an indication of when and from which university it was/will be awarded; – the Doctoral Course and the chosen curriculum they are applying for.
- Personal data, date and place of birth, place of residence;
- Academic degree, with an indication of when and from which university it was/will be awarded;
- The Doctoral Course and the chosen curriculum they are applying for.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 28, 2017.