The University of Sussex is offering Scholarships for Developing Countries Students in the UK. Applicants must be a national and resident of a developing country (as classified by the World Bank).
These are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education. These are offered for summer programs.
Valuable Scholarships for Developing Countries Students.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sussex is a public research university situated in Falmer, near Brighton in Sussex. The University of Sussex will be extending a limited Number of Awards for participation in the International Summer School 2017.
- University or Organization: University of Sussex
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate Program
- Award: 100% reduction in tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Developing Countries Students
- The program can be taken in Brighton
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Language: English
To be considered for the opportunity applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over at the start of your chosen session
- Applicants must be a national and resident of a developing country (as classified by the World Bank). You are not eligible if you are already studying in a developed country. Lower-income and middle-income economies are referred to as “developing economies” and you should check your eligibility on the World Bank website before applying
- Applicants must be a current full-time student at the time of the application deadline
- Applicants must be applying for either one or both sessions of the International Summer School 2017. Please note however the study only covers one 4 week session
- Applicants must meet the general entrance and English language requirements for the Summer School.
- Applicants must meet any pre-requisites for the module you have chosen.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Please return the form to office-at-Sussex.ac.uk after applicants have completed their International Summer School application.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the general entrance and English language requirements for the Summer School. It is assumed that all students in the summer program will be fluent in English. The modules are intensive, and they will need good language skills to keep up. For students whose first language is not English, you will need to provide evidence of suitable English Language qualifications as follows:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component
- Pearson’s Test of English (Academic) with 62 overall with at least 56 in all four skills
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English (CAE): grade B
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based (TOEFL IBT): 88 overall with 20 in listening, 19 in reading, 21 in speaking and 23 in writing.
- For 2017 the award will offer a 100% reduction in tuition fees in one of the two four-week sessions of the Summer School, to the value of £1,558, plus on-campus accommodation for 4 weeks, to the value of £632.
- The successful candidates will also receive free bus travel around Brighton for the session, £50 Munch Money credit to use in food outlets on campus and free Social Programme trips up to the value of £180.
- The total value of the award is up to £2,483.