Applicants are invited to apply for UP Postgraduate Doctoral and Master Bursary funded by the University of Pretoria. The aim of the bursaries is to give financial support to talented students.
The University of Pretoria is a multi-campus public research university in Pretoria, the administrative and de facto capital of South Africa.
A valuable study program for applicants.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: February 29, 2020
- Course Level: These bursaries are available to pursue a postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: These bursaries are awarded in the following fields:
- Engineering, Built Environment and IT
- Health Science
- Veterinary Science
- Economic and Management Science
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Theology and Religion
- Award: These bursaries will cover the followings:
- Doctoral: R 20 000
- Research Masters: R18 000
- Masters by coursework: R12 000
- Nationality: African and International
- Number of Awards: Not given
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities can apply for these bursaries.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students who register for Honours, Masters or Doctoral degree programmes at the University of Pretoria (hereinafter “UP”) may be considered for award of these bursaries.
- Students who are admitted or registered by 28 February of the academic year will be taken into consideration in the first round of the nomination process for the Master or Doctoral bursary.
- Students who are admitted or registered by 31 March of the academic year will be taken into consideration in the second round of the nomination process for the Master or Doctoral bursary, pending the availability of funds.
- For students who are nominated by the Faculty through the above mentioned first round and
second round processes, eligibility will be verified before the award is finalized.
- Doctoral students holding a UP Doctoral Research Bursary will not qualify for a UP Postgraduate Bursary.
- Students who qualify for UP Personnel Waivers will not qualify for a UP Postgraduate Bursary
at Hons, Master and Doctoral level studies.
- Students who are provisionally awarded the bursary and who do not have outstanding debt on their UP student account will have their financial registration block lifted in order to register for the new academic year without having to pay the initial registration fee.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor. Students who register for Masters or Doctoral degree programmes at the University of Pretoria are automatically considered for this bursary.