Study awards provide students with an opportunity to be educated. So for supporting students, the University of Queensland is providing the Osiecki Honours Scholarships in Classics for international students. The programme is open for the academic year 2020/2021.
The bursary aims to inspire and help students from classical and historical disciplines to undertake journeys to enhance their studies.
Beneficial opportunity for students to complete their education in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1909, the University of Queensland is the fifth oldest public research university located in Australia. It provides a strong focus on teaching excellence and providing more national teaching awards for students.
Why would you like to choose the University of Queensland? At this university, students can find several undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs in popular disciplines. Here, students will gain practical experience, knowledge, and skills that will prepare them to exceed expectations in their careers.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Honours
- Award: $6250
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Honours programme in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must submit an application to the Head, by the closing date for applications.
- Be either enrolled in the honours year of the approved program or has submitted an application for admission to the honours program.
- Does not hold another scholarship that the Head considers to be similar.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity s, applicants must admission in an Honours degree programme at the University of Queensland. After that, candidates must have to submit the program application form. Please email the completed form and documentation to Dr. Janette McWilliam j.mcwilliam-at-uq.edu.au.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach a copy of an academic transcript, evidence of full-time enrolment in the current year and any other evidence as outlined in the program rules, a statement outlining your background in Classics and Ancient History to date, a summary of your academic achievement to date, any extra-curricular activities, and how the program travel will support your Honours thesis.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students are required to meet the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
The funding programme will provide the following benefits:
- The value of The grant is $6,250 per year paid in two instalments
- Senate may award 2 Scholarships in a year on the recommendation of the Head.