The University of Queensland is dispensing a marvellous opportunity through its PhD International Scholarship in Fundamental Science, Philosophy, and Quantum Technology. The grant is available for both domestic and international students for the academic year 2020-2021.
The aim of this scholarship programme is to conduct experiments on the research goals of the FQXi grant “Information as Fuel for a Quantum Clock”.
A fantastic program that will provide financial support at the University of Queensland for the session 2020/2021.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1909, the University of Queensland is ranked as one of the most reputable universities in the world. It offers comprehensive ranges of study courses in Queensland, with 4000 courses offered at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Why at the University of Queensland? UQ provides the best opportunities and practical experience, knowledge and skills that will prepare them to exceed expectations in their careers. At this university, students will have access to a rigorous education in a supportive and creative environment.
Application Deadline: July 6, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,092 per annum (2020 rate), indexed annually. Top-up of $7,000.
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in the study area of Science and Mathematics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree).
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent.
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale.
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with research experience. We will consider these applications on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of research experience, including research publications.
- Have a strong interest both in quantum physics, quantum information, thermodynamics as well as in experimental physics.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To grasp this scholarship, candidates must take admission in a PhD program at the University of Queensland. After that, applicants must email the following documents to Associate Professor Arkady Fedorov (a.fedorov-at-uq.edu.au).
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates/transcripts, cover letter with their application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, you must meet the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
The University of Queensland will offer an award of $28,092 per annum (2020 rate), indexed annually. Top-up of $7,000 for three years with the possibility of two 6-month extensions in approved circumstances.