Get financial support to start your academic journey in Australia. The University of Queensland is offering PhD international awards in Design High-Performance Fiber-Based Thermoelectric for Wearable Electronics. The programme is open for the academic session 2021/2022.
The objective of the PhD degree to develop novel band-engineered fibres for high-efficiency energy conversion using novel microwave-assisted wet chemistry approach, coupled with nanostructure and band engineering strategies.
An admirable opportunity that will help outstanding students by providing educational support.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1909, the University of Queensland is ranked second nationally for excellence in research and equal second in Australia. It offers a comprehensive range of study courses in Queensland, with 4000 courses offered at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Why study at the University of Queensland? UQ provides wide-ranging support services and orientation programs so that you can enjoy the best possible study experience. Here students will get challenging and inspirational education during their study time.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,597 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree coursework in design high-performance fibre-based thermoelectrics for wearable electronics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, you need one of the following approved degrees to apply for a PhD:
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree).
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent.
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean.
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
- Working knowledge of functional materials, thermoelectric materials, and devices, solid-state physics, and electronics would be of benefit to someone working on this project.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity s, applicants must take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the University of Queensland. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit a CV, academic transcripts, passport, letter of recommendation, and other relevant documents.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
Eligible students will receive scholarships of $28,597 per annum for a PhD degree programme at the University of Queensland in Australia.