The University of Queensland is currently accepting applications for the School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering PhD International Scholarships. The funding opportunity is open for the academic session 2020/2021.
The PhD programme encourages students who want to undertake a Higher Degree by Research on the topic ‘Enabling the Power Systems of the Future’. The funding aims to develop a new power system simulation/analysis platform to investigate the security of Queensland’s power system.
Great funding opportunity that will help international students with study cost.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1909, the University of Queensland is an international higher education university in Australia. It offers many undergraduates, associates, Masters, PhD, and higher doctorate degrees in different fields of study.
Why study at the University of Queensland? UQ provides wide-ranging support services and orientation programs so that you can enjoy the best possible study experience. Here students will get challenging and inspirational education during their study time.
Application Deadline: November 17, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,597
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme on the topic ‘Enabling the Power Systems of the Future’.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- To be eligible, you need one of the following approved degrees to apply for a PhD:
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree).
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent.
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean.
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
- Working knowledge of power systems PSCAD modelling, python programming skill or distribution network modelling, optimization, and control systems tools would be of benefit to someone working on this project.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity s, applicants must take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the University of Queensland. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit a CV, academic transcripts, passport, letter of recommendation, and other relevant documents.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
Eligible students will receive scholarships of $28,597 per annum for a PhD degree programme at the University of Queensland in Australia.