USA TODAY is now offering the 2019 USA TODAY News Photo Editing Internship- Mclean, VA. The program is open to the talented college student in the Washington, DC metropolitan area looking for an enriching, part-time paid internship in their photo and video department.
Join a global digital media company of more than 100 media properties across the country. As an intern, you will develop and apply your experience and skills in a fast-paced, real-time newsroom environment.
User Review( votes)
The purpose of the internship experience is to provide opportunities where undergraduate and graduate students can develop grow and become the next generation of talent for the USA TODAY Network.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI)
Internship can be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university.
- Preferred majors: Journalism, photojournalism communications or a related field.
- Well organized, detail oriented, adaptable and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be interested in all forms of visual journalism– from video and photography to motion graphics.
Internship Open for International Students:
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands.
The USA TODAY NETWORK provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
As an intern, your responsibilities are:
- Work with editors, producers, and photographers to edit photos for both print and online packages.
- Build online photo galleries based on news events.
- Research and pitch photo stories for publication.
- Initiate visual story ideas based on trends and news.
- Participate in news meetings and learn how priorities for news content and coverage are set and executed.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Part-Time
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To enter, applicants need to create an account online. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show them what you’ve done.
To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job. – Tell us what makes your work stand out.
- Online links to your portfolio.
It is important that these items be assembled in a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is Ongoing. Applications are started from Monday, February 11, 2019.