Applications are invited for WAAW Foundation 2020 scholarship. These opportunities are available for African women to study as full-time students in a STEM-related course at a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa.
WAAW (Working to Advance Science and Technology Education for African Women) Foundation is an international non-profit organization founded in 2007. Headquartered in Lagos Nigeria with an operational office in Wylie, Texas.
The mission of the foundation is to increase the pipeline of African women entering into Science and Technology fields and ensure they are engaged in Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship to benefit Africa.
Application Deadline: Scholarship opens September 2, 2020 and close November 2, 2020
- Course Level: award is available for pursuing an undergraduate degree programme at university or college in Africa.
- Study Subject(s): The grant is awarded in the field of Agriculture, Aircraft engineering, Architecture, Bio-Medical, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil engineering and urbanism, Computer Science, Construction technology and management, Economics, Electronics Engineering, Engineering Agriculture, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Industrial Chemistry, IT, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology.
- Award: Scholarship recipients receive an award of $500 for the 2016 academic year or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Prior scholarship recipient may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
- The award can be taken in Africa
- Nationality: Women applicants of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible for this undergraduate scholarship.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need, and
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Below the age of 32 years.
- How to Apply: Please complete all sections of the form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline.
- Application form filled out completely. They will only accept online applications this year.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following supporting documents:
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed totranscripts-at-waawfoundation.org, faxed to 1.888.519.4269 or to be mailed to: WAAW foundation grant Committee P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098. *Scanned copies of original transcripts may be emailed to transcripts-at-waawfoundation.org.
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have gained Undergraduate admission to a University or College in Africa and studying a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) related degree course