To address that the world needs more female talent in the field of computer science and provide females the opportunity to do so, Dalhousie University is launching its WeAreAllCS Women in Technology Entrance funding for the academic year 2023-2024.
Dalhousie University is expecting applications from female students with an overall average of 70% enrolling in a bachelor’s degree programme at the Faculty of Computer Science. the applicants must demonstrate a passion for technology to be considered for the award. The winners will be awarded a scholarship worth $10,000 over a period of 2 years.
Great chance for international students to get a degree in Canada with the award amount of $10,000 ($5,000 entrance scholarship and $5,000 for year two of your studies (dependent on academic performance)
User Review( votes)
Ranked 314th in Best Global Universities, Dalhousie University is a large public research university in Nova Scotia, Canada. It was founded in 1818 and is currently one of the top universities in Canada ranking 12th nationwide by the QS World University Ranking and Gold for sustainability.
Why choose to study at Dalhousie University? Dalhousie University is a diverse community serving the world through by combining innovative research, meaningful teaching and a deep sense of social responsibility. The university is very focused on service and providing outstanding scholarships.
Application Deadline: The application process will close on 1st March 2023.
- University or Organization: Dalhousie University
- Department: Faculty of Computer Science
- Course Level: Bachelor
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Canadian and other foreign national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for the Bachelor of Computer Science or Bachelor of Applied Computer Science program taught at Dalhousie University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an overall average of 70%.
- The applicants can demonstrate how a passion for technology has had or will have, an impact on their community as defined in the broadest sense of the term.
- The applicants must identify as female.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must make an admission application on the Dal Online portal. To apply for the WeAreAllCS Women in Technology Entrance Scholarship, interested students must complete this form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Statement of intent
- Statement of research interests
- Reference letters
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the undergraduate entry requirements of the Faculty of Computer Science at Dalhousie University.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- TOEFL CBT – 237
- MELAB – 55
- Duolingo – 115
- IELTS – 6.5
- CAN Test – 4.5
- CAEL – 70
- PTE – 61
- CAE/CPE – 180
The Dalhousie University will provide scholarship winners the following benefits:
- $10,000 scholarship ($5,000 entrance scholarship and $5,000 for year two of your studies (dependent on academic performance))
- Access to events and professional development opportunities through the WeAreAllCS initiative and our partners