The Weizmann Institute offers three postdoctoral fellowships of €30,000 a year for a period of two years to the most talented Ph.D. graduates from Spain to carry out research at the Weizmann Institute of Science. Researchers of any nationality are eligible to apply.
The Weizmann Institute provides a unique, multidisciplinary setting that enables its postdoctoral fellows to conduct world-class research projects using state-of-the-art research facilities in a spectrum of fields.
A fine program for students
User Review( votes)
The Weizmann Institute of Science’s mission to foster discovery and innovation underlies the imperative to educate and prepare the next generation of young scientists to usher new ideas into the world of science. Most of the hands-on research work at the Institute is performed by graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Applications Deadline: October 23, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral program.
- Study Subject: Weizmann scientists have full academic freedom to pursue basic research on any question of their choice.
- Scholarship Award: Aligned with this philosophy, ”la Caixa” Foundation offers three postdoctoral fellowships of €30,000 a year for a period of two years to the most talented Ph.D. graduates from Spain to carry out research at the Weizmann Institute of Science. These postdoctoral fellows will benefit from the excellent mentoring program and multidisciplinary atmosphere of the Weizmann Institute.
- Full access to all state-of-the-art research facilities and support systems on campus.
- Large international community.
- Annual travel allowance for overseas conferences and seminars.
- Special allowances for airfare, relocation, medical insurance, and off-campus housing.
- Fully paid medical insurance and professional training insurance.
- Paid maternity leave and paid annual vacation.
- Complimentary visa services.
- One-year of subsidized housing at nearby facilities.
- Subsidized meals, as well as sports and recreational facilities.
- Daycare facilities that are considered among the best in the region.
- Monthly daycare allowance for kids between the ages of six months and three years.
- Nationality: Researchers of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Three fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Researchers of any nationality are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Researchers of any nationality.
- Candidates must pursue the Ph.D. in a Spanish Research Centre or university in the disciplines of Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Sciences.
- Candidates must start the postdoctoral training within 5 years after the Ph.D. degree date, at the most.
- Candidates must submit their Ph.D. thesis before the start at the Weizmann Institute.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should contact a potential principal investigator (P.I.) at Weizmann with whom they would like to pursue their scientific research.
- Once an appropriate P.I. has been identified, they will work with the applicant to prepare and submit the documents required for evaluation by the programme.
- For more details please see the Programme Admissions webpage.