The Durham University is inviting applications for Weldon-le Huray Scholarships. Six opportunities are available for applicants planning to commence their studies at Durham in 2019-2020
To help reinforce the commitment to providing the best possible access to this environment, Durham University is pleased to launch the Weldon – le Huray Scholarships program.
Worthy offer for claimants
User Review( votes)
The program provides opportunities for home students from lower-income households to Represent Durham at the highest levels of University sport, including being able to undertake leadership development opportunities; or Pursue academic excellence and career enhancement opportunities within the Departments belonging to Durham’s prestigious Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
Durham University is distinctive – a residential collegiate university with long traditions and modern values. We seek the highest distinction in research and scholarship and are committed to excellence in all aspects of education and the transmission of knowledge.
• Application Deadline: January 15, 2019.
• Course Level: award is available to pursue Undergraduate Degree program.
• Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study in Sports, Arts and Humanities.
• Award: £4,000 per academic year to help support tuition fees, living costs, all other costs of study and career/leadership development opportunities.
• Number of Awards: 6: 3 in Sport, 3 in Arts and Humanities.
• Nationality: The grant is available for UK citizens.
• The award can be taken in the UK.
• Eligible Countries: The grant is available for UK citizens.
• Entrance Requirements:
• Household Income-Have a household income below £42,875 (2018/19 rates) based on an assessment carried out by Student Finance England
• Level of Study-Undergraduate
• Mode of study-Full time
• Year of Entry-Applicants for entry in 2019/20
• Weldon – le Huray Sports Scholarship – all undergraduate degree program
• Weldon – le Huray Arts and Humanities Scholarship – undergraduate degree program delivered by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities
How to Apply:
Prospective applicants must:
• Stage 1: submit an academic application to Durham University, by 15th January 2019, via UCAS
• Stage 2: submit an online application form by 15th January 2019 including the following:
• Personal Statement of no more than 1,000 words explaining why you should be awarded a Weldon – le Huray funding for Sport
• An independent reference of no more than 1,000 words from a suitable adult e.g. a teacher at your school or a coach, explaining why you are suitable to be awarded a Weldon – le Huray funding for Sport. The reference should outline indicators of exceptional sporting achievement or potential e.g. involvement in relevant regional/national squads, or any other relevant indicators of exceptional achievement.
Arts and Humanities Scholarship:
• Personal statement of no more than 1,000 words explaining why you should be awarded a Weldon – le Huray funding for the Arts and Humanities
• An academic reference of no more than 1,000 words from a suitable member of sixth-form staff, explaining why you are a suitable candidate to be awarded a Weldon – le Huray funding for the Arts and Humanities. The reference should outline relevant indicators of exceptional academic achievement or potential e.g. marks received for relevant work or exams completed up to the point of application/academic prizes and awards/involvement in relevant successful projects/other relevant indicators of outstanding academic achievement.