Whitney, LLP is seeking applications for its annual program to be held in 2020. If you are pursuing a J.D. or a pre-law, political science or criminal justice degree, then you are invited to apply.
Nice option to win $1500 award for law study.
User Review( votes)
Whitney, LLP is committed to fights for the injured and deceived, with no attorney’s expenses and fees paid until compensation is recovered.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2020, for the 2019-2020 school year
- University or Organization: Whitney, LLP
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $1,500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: US Citizens
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Submissions are available only for students from the USA
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grant will award for undergraduate study in a J.D./pre-law, political science/criminal justice degree from an accredited university
- Admissible Criteria: To be qualified, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Law students and undergraduate students presently chasing either a J.D. or an undergraduate degree course in pre-law, paralegal studies or political science
- All aspirants must be U.S. citizens
- Candidates need to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
- If you are going to be a 1L law student this fall and have not begun classes yet, proof of enrollment will be acceptable.
How to Apply
To apply: Candidates are required to complete the application form and write an essay of at least 600 words discussing your goals in pursuing a legal education.
- Applicants must send a completed application, essay, and transcript by email to Daniel Whitney Jr., Esq. at [email protected] with the subject line “Whitney Firm Legal Scholarship 2020.”
- Instead, submit a paper application, you can mail to Whitney, LLP. Attn: Daniel Whitney, Jr. Esq. 401 Washington Ave, Suite 1200, Towson, MD 21204
Suggested Essay Topics:
- Explaining your goals in pursuing a legal education and what you hope to accomplish in the field of law.
- Discussing a hardship that you have overcome along the way of your pursuit of higher education that has made you stronger for it.
Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the following: an official transcript or proof of enrollment and evidence of a qualifying 3.0 GPA. Video submissions: If you want to supplement your essay with a 2-3 minute video that is welcome.
The Whitney Firm is awarding a $1,500 scholarship that may use toward undergraduate or law school education, room, board, books, or other expenses.