If you are interested in the under-representation of Muslims in the media and developing diversity in journalism, then you can apply for the Widening Media Diversity Scholarship offered by the City University of London. The funding program is open for UK and EU students.
The purpose of this application is to develop a pool of Muslim journalists who can advance diversity in the media industry, improve reporting on religion and minorities in the media, and champion under-represented communities.
Nice offer for international students to receive up to £10,200 at City, the University of London in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1894, the City University London is a leading global university that offers bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees as well as certificates and diplomas. It provides world-class education and a large number of employment opportunities for students.
Why would you like to study at the City, University of London? At this university, students have many options to make their career in any interesting field. It is dedicated to academic excellence focused on business and the professions and located in the heart of London
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: City, University of London
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Master
- Award: £10,200
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: UK/EU students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: MA degree program in Newspaper Journalism, Interactive Journalism, and Investigative Journalism.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Demonstrate that they are actively engaged in British Muslim Communities.
- Demonstrate a desire to develop intellectual skills within the faith, multi-faith and secular environments.
- Demonstrate a long-term commitment to community / societal development and good relations work through media.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to apply online for a place on the course by going to one of the given links: MA Newspaper Journalism, MA Interactive Journalism and MA Investigative Journalism at the City University of London. If you already hold an offer of a place please send your statement to journalism-at-city.ac.uk.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit, academic certificates, transcripts, and also submit a min 500-word statement. You can upload this as a miscellaneous document in the online application.
- Admission Requirements: Should hold an upper second class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
The program will cover full tuition fees up to a maximum of £10,200 for UK/EU students at City, the University of London in the UK.