Recognising that women are under-represented in Science, Technology, Engineering, Architecture and Maths (STEAM), Deakin University is emerging with a long-term change – the Women in STEAM HDR PhD International Scholarships. Applications for the academic year 2023-2024 are now open.
Domestic and overseas students identified as women are especially eligible to apply for this scholarship. The candidates must have applied for a full-time STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics) PhD study programme at Deakin University to be considered. The winners will be provided a stipend of $30,000 annually, relocation allowance, tuition fees and health cover.
Worthy offer to study in Australia with study funds.
User Review( votes)
Ranked 266th in QS World University Ranking 2023 and 217th in Best Global Universities, Deakin University is a public university in Victoria, Australia, established in 1974. The university is named after Alfred Deakin, the second Prime Minister of Australia. The university aim to be a catalyst for positive change for individual and communities.
Why choose to study at Deakin University? Deakin University believes in working hard to make sure that higher education, employment and research are accessible to all. The university values and celebrates diversity embraces difference and nurtures a connected, safe and respectful community with its focus on ‘what matters most’ across its environmental, financial, and social sustainability performance.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2023
- University or Organization: Deakin University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $30,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Domestic or international students.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: HDR study courses in the subjects of engineering, architecture, science, mathematics, and technology at the Faculty of Science, Engineering, and Built Environment at Deakin University can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must self-identify as women or as gender diverse or non-binary.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be directed on the university portal. Interested students must submit an EOI on [email protected] to be considered for this funding opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: The students are may be required to submit references, letters of recommendation, academic transcripts, language proficiency, and other course-related documents.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold an honours degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master’s degree with a substantial research component and meet the PhD entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests as per the requirement of their desired study programme:
Deakin University will award the successfully selected candidates a scholarship stipend of $30,000 per annum with tax exempt, relocation allowance of $500-1500 (for single to family) for students moving from interstate, and tuition fees offset for the duration of 4 years. Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa