Whether you are applying to college for the first time or looking to complete your degree, the YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund will help you reach new heights.
The Fashion Scholarship Fund (FSF) is looking for the “best and brightest” students, who are motivated to work in the fashion industry, either in a creative or professional capacity.
A great opportunity for applicants to get fund for study and to reach new heights.
User Review( votes)
The award is solely merit-based program open to all sophomores, juniors and seniors who enrolled as a full-time student for the fall 2019 semester at an FSF member school.
Founded in 1937, the Fashion Scholarship Fund (FSF) is the foremost fashion-oriented education and workforce development non-profit in the U.S.
Application Deadline: October 7, 2019, before 11:59 PM EST.
- University or Organization: YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund (FSF)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Multiple
- Award: $35,000 award, mentoring, and career development opportunity
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 8
- Nationality: US Resident
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open only for the US
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Each applicant is expected to only choose one discipline (Design & Product Development, Merchandising & Marketing, Analytics or Supply Chain).
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must meet all the following:
- An applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student for the fall 2019 semester at an FSF member school.
- Applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.20 in a 4.00 GPA system.
- Sophomores, juniors and seniors are eligible to compete. Note: fall 2019 freshmen/ first-year students are not eligible to apply.
- Seniors graduating mid-year, December 2019 or January 2020 may compete.
- Students meeting the eligibility requirements above are encouraged to reapply for the FSF Scholarship each year.
- If a student studying abroad for the entire 2019-2020 academic year, are still participate and apply for the case study competition
How to Apply
- To Apply: Applicants are required to create an account to submit an online application. Candidates must contact the FSF Educator at your school for login details.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to upload casework appendix no longer than 5 pages.
- Entry Requirements: Applicants must develop their case study from the lens of only one of the four disciplines; (1) design/product development, (2) merchandising/marketing, (3) supply chain, or (4) analytics.
The YMA FSF will provide scholarship, mentoring, and Career Development opportunity.
- FSF Finalists: Eight finalists will receive awards up to $35,000 based on top scoring cases
- FSF Non-Finalists: Scholars who are not selected as 2020 finalists win from $5,000 to $10,000 based on their scores
- Scholarship: Applicants have a chance to win an award up to $35,000 toward any educational expense such as tuition, summer housing for an internship, study abroad program, etc.
- Mentoring: Winners will be invited to attend the annual Awards Gala on Wednesday, January 7th, 2020, in New York City, accompanied by the FSF Board of Governors and other industry executives. Complimentary hotel and travel reimbursements will be provided. Each recipient will be invited to join the FSF Mentor Program and may select an industry mentor during the year of the award.
- Career Development: Through FSF partner companies, winners can access to internship opportunities. Winners can also join the FSF Alumni Association for additional professional development.