Whatever type of course you study, finance will always be an important factor. Yonsei Graduate School of International Studies (GSIS) is delighted to offer applications for the Yonsei GSIS – NIIED Global Korea Scholarship Program.
The funding program is open for international students who wish to study master’s program or doctoral program at the Graduate School of Yonsei University in South Korea.
Wonderful opportunity to study South Korea with a fully-funded program.
User Review( votes)
Yonsei Graduate School of International Studies (Yonsei GSIS) was first established in 1987 and was the first professional school dedicated exclusively to international studies in Korea. It offers master’s and doctoral programs in a range of subject areas.
Why study at Yonsei University – GSIS? The core mission of Yonsei GSIS is to educate and train global leaders who transform themselves so that they can transform the world. International students have the option to study at Yonsei University with an academic scholarship funded by the Korean Ministry of Education.
Application Deadline: March 17, 2023, 5:00 PM KST, 2023(Friday).
- University or Organization: Yonsei University
- Department: Yonsei Graduate School of International Studies (GSIS)
- Course Level: Master and PhD
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in South Korea
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for master’s and doctoral programs.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Both the applicant and their parents are not citizens of Korea. Ethnic Koreans with foreign citizenship must submit documents proving the renunciation of Korean citizenship for both them and their parents as well as documents proving the acquirement of nationality for both them and their parents by the application deadline.
- Applicants to the master’s program must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent (or higher) degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants to the doctoral program must hold a master’s degree or its equivalent (or higher) degree from an accredited college or university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit an online application to apply for the Yonsei GSIS – NIIED Global Korea Scholarship Program.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following documents (All documents must be in English or Korean):
- GKS Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Apostilled or Korean Embassy Verified Bachelor’s Diploma or Graduation Certificate
- Apostille or Korean Embassy Verified Bachelor’s Transcript
- Original- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Original- Proof of Language Proficiency
- Copy of Applicant’s Passport
- Copies of Both Parents’ Passports
- Proof of Family Relationship
- Agreement for Collection and Use of Personal Data
- Research Proposal
- Writing Sample: Master’s Thesis, Graduate Term Paper, or Published Papers (min. 40 pages, English, print on one side of the paper only)
- Apostille or Korean Embassy Verified Master’s Diploma or Graduation
- Apostille or Korean Embassy Verified Official Master’s Transcript
- Admission Requirements: Visit the NIIED website for complete details of the program.
- Language Requirement: English is the language of instruction at the University. Therefore, applicants will need to be proficient in speaking, listening, reading, and writing in English.
- (For English) TOEFL iBT, IELTS, and TOEIC English Proficiency Tests are accepted if the GSIS application deadline falls within 2 years of the date of examination
- If applicants took the IELTS exam, they only need to submit a copy in their application package.
- TOEFL scores can be sent electronically to C455 (Yonsei University – Graduate School of International Studies).
- (For Global Citizenship and Human Development major applicants only): – TOPIK Level 4 and Above(for non-native Korean speakers) required (For Global Citizenship and Cooperation major applicants only): – HSK Level 5 and Above(for non-native Chinese speakers) required
Yonsei University will provide all the following:
- Airfare: Economy class flight ticket (actual expense)
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (once)
- Monthly Allowance: (Mater’s/Doctoral) 1 million KRW, (Research) 1,500,000 KRW
- Medical Insurance: standard amount set by NIIED
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW/month
- Research Support Fee: (L.S.) 210,000 KRW and (N.S.&E.) 240,000 KRW
- Language Training Fee: 1) NIIED: 1 million KRW, 2) University: the amount that exceeds 1 million KRW
- Tuition: 1) NIIED: up to 5 million KRW, and 2)
- University: an amount that exceeds 5 million KRW, Admission fee