Applications are invited for Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program for Young Arab Citizens for the year 2018. The scholarship supports students to pursue Bachelors and Master degree programme in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM).
The Foundation expects scholars to be the future generation of leaders for the Arab World and to contribute to the development of their communities. Therefore, Al Ghurair STEM Scholars have a moral obligation to live in the Arab World after graduation and use their acquired skills and knowledge to amplify the impact of their education in their communities.
The Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for education provides access to opportunity for high-achieving, underserved Emirati and Arab youth.
Applications close: November 9, 2017
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue bachelors and master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM).
Scholarship Award: Students will receive partial or full support for their tuition. Housing, health insurance, and living cost.
Number of Scholarships: Numbers are not given.
Scholarship can be taken at Arab Countries
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Please review our eligibility criteria below to see if you are a fit for our STEM Scholars Program
- Arab Citizen
You must hold no other passport. Preference is given to residents of the Arab world for at least 12 years.
- 17-30 Years Old
For students now applying to the undergraduate level, you must have graduated from high school within the last 4 years.
- Academically High-Achieving
You must have a cumulative GPA of no less than 85% in high school or 3.0 in university.
- Require Financial Support
You must be willing and able to show proof of your financial need in your application.
- Applying To A Partner University
You must be planning to apply or currently attending one of our partner universities for a Bachelor or Master degree.
Students from Arab Countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, the Palestine Liberation Organization, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. Note the absent country: Iran is eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: All applicants have to write English essays as part of their program application. However, for students only applying to our French partner university, the assessment of essays (especially for grammar and language) will take into consideration that the student would not be studying in English. We encourage all students to do their best in writing these essays and develop compelling ideas, regardless of university choice.
Financial support includes support towards:
- University tuition and other mandatory university fees
- Health insurance, as per the university plan
- On-campus housing costs travel airfare and visa costs for students living away from family
- Support towards living expenses
Non-financial support includes access to:
- A network of Al Ghurair Scholars around the world
- Community service experience
- Work experience and exposure opportunities
- Skill development tools and opportunities to build leadership skills
- Academic advising, career counselling, and mentorship
How to Apply:
Now that you have picked your program, follow these five steps to sail through the application
- Watch the scholarship application tutorial
- Check out tips and tricks for completing your application
- Create a profile on the student portal
- Prepare all of your required documents
- Submit the application before the deadline