The University of Sheffield is inviting applications for international merit undergraduate scholarships. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School, Firth College and Sheffield Technical School.
Students must be proficient in written and spoken English, normally demonstrated by grade C or above in GCSE English Language or an acceptable English language qualification.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Scholarship Award: Merit Undergraduate Scholarships are worth 50% of the annual undergraduate tuition fee.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday 14 April 2017 for entry in September 2017 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship will not be available to applicants who have made the University of Sheffield their insurance choice.
- The scholarship application is a separate online process to applying for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
- The scholarship is guaranteed in the first year of study and you can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods. This applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1)
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
Nationality: To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
List of Countries: East and South Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius), Middle East and North Africa (Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco), South East Asia(Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam), Hong Kong, Japan, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, South Korea, Sri Lanka and Turkey can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: All courses require students to achieve certain grades in their qualifications, and some require prior study and knowledge of specific subjects. Individual course entry requirements are available in our online undergraduate prospectus.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Students must be proficient in written and spoken English, normally demonstrated by grade C or above in GCSE English Language or an acceptable English language qualification.
How to Apply: The scholarship application is a separate online process to applying for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
Application Deadline: The deadline for scholarship applications is April 21, 2017.