The PhD positions are associated to a newly funded EU Marie S. Curie ITN project, “Enginomics in food quality design: the case of shelf-stable fruit-, vegetable- and legume-based foods”, GOOD ENGINE, with a total of 13 early-stage researcher positions together with other participating institutions (see more below).
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
- Applications Deadline: 10 September 2018
- Course Level: The University of Copenhagen Fellowship is available to pursue the PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The positions are available as a 3 year PhD fellowship in the field Fruits, Vegetables and Legumes Quality Design.
- Scholarship Award:
1. Attractive 3-year full-time employment contract in accordance with the MSCA regulations for early-stage researchers of the European Commission – continuation after the first year is dependent upon a positive evaluation.2. Enrolment in a PhD program whereby PhD tuition fee is paid by the project.3. Supervision by recognized experts and access to (beyond) state-of-the-art research and pilot-scale infrastructure.Training in complementary skills via participation at workshops, winter schools and conferences.4. Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State and according to the rules and regulations laid down by European Union’s Horizon 2020 Marie S. Curie Innovative Training Networks.5. The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff (available on request).
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this University of Copenhagen scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: One fellowship is available at the University of Copenhagen.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this application .
Entrance Requirements: At the time of commencement, it is required that the candidate has not been awarded a doctorate degree and are within the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers. Furthermore, the candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account. The candidate is required to spend part of their project period at other institutions in the FOODENGINE consortium on secondments.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have good English skills.
How to Apply: The application, in English, must be submitted electronically.
- Cover Letter, describing research career goals, skills and experience
- 2-page research project related to the topic of choice
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Full contact details of two reference persons
- Documentation of English language qualifications
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)