If you want to start a PhD degree programme in Australia, then you can apply for Chappell and White Scholarship at Australian National University for the academic session 2020/2021. The programme is open for domestic and international students.
The objective of the award is to support high-achieving students who are going to conduct research in the areas of petrology and ore petrology.
Established in 1946, Australian National University is regarded as one of the world’s leading research universities that focuses on excellence in research and education. It is particularly well known for its programmes in the arts and social sciences and ranks among the best in the world.
Why study at Australian National University? The university offers a wide range of accommodation options for students and a range of flexible study options to suit aspirant’s needs. Here students will learn from award-winning teachers and faculty help candidates in reaching their future goals.
Application Deadline: November 16, 2020
- University or Organization: Australian National University
- Department: Research School of Earth Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,092 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in the field of Earth Sciences-Petrology and Ore Petrology.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled or enrolling full-time in a programme of study for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Earth Sciences and are conducting research in the areas of petrology and ore petrology at the University.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree with first-class honours, or a master’s degree with a research component or equivalent from a recognized university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity , candidates must take admission in a PhD degree programme at the Australian National University. After that, they will be automatically considered for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with your application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a previous year degree.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
The Australian National University will provide a stipend scholarship of $28,092 per annum (2020 rate). In addition to the fortnightly stipend, the scholarship also provides:
- Travel and Removal allowances for students relocating to Canberra to commence their research program.
- Thesis reimbursement.
- Dependant Child allowance (International students only).
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) (International Students Only); and
- Paid medical, maternity, and parental leave.