The Research School for Astronomy & Astrophysics at the Australian National University is inviting international PhD candidates to apply for the PhD Scholarships in Australia. Applications for this fully-funded opportunity commencing in 2022 are now accepted.
International applicants are exclusively offered this scholarship towards a PhD study programme at RSAA ANU. Winners will be selected on the basis of their academic achievements, letters of recommendation, and independent research ability and experience.
User Review( votes)
The Research School for Astronomy & Astrophysics (RSAA) is a research school affiliated with the Australian National University which is ranked 64th in Best Global Universities. RSAA is leading Australia’s involvement in the design and construction of the international, billion-dollar Giant Magellan Telescope (GMT), one of the world’s most powerful next-generation telescopes.
Why choose to study at the Australian National University? The themes of research at RSAA reflect the school’s cross-disciplinary approach to astronomy and astrophysics. Students can study a range of topics and conduct research work through the research themes, projects, and highlights.
Application Deadline: 10th December 2021
- University or Organization: Australian National University – Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD or MPhil study programmes at RSAA at ANU are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have achieved a grade point average of >80% minimum.
- The applicants must have a strong background in physics, including classical mechanics, statistical mechanics, electromagnetism, optics, thermodynamics, special relativity, quantum mechanics, and nuclear physics.
- Students with previous research experience in astrophysics (as an undergraduate or as a Masters student) are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must have to enroll in the PhD degree programme. Applicants for the RSAA Scholarship (“pre-application round”) are asked to submit the following documents to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- All transcripts and graduation certificates from prior university study with a grading scale
- Copies of Master’s thesis or of papers published by the applicant in international peer-reviewed journals
- Short CV
- Short personal statement
- 3 letters of reference
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to submit all necessary documents and must have prior qualifications in a relevant background. GRE scores are recommended if available.
- Language Requirement: All applicants, whether domestic or international, must provide evidence that their English language ability meets the minimum requirements for admission.
Candidates selected for this scholarship will be given full-funded support towards any PhD MPhil programme undertaken at ANU RSAA.