Take the next step in your career by joining the ARISE Fellowships for Technology Developers at EMBL for the academic year 2021-2022.
The training will cover the topics of planning and providing services, managing the operation of the research infrastructure, financial management, staff management, innovation and collaboration with industry, strategic planning, and understanding science policy and funding system.
User Review( votes)
EMBL is Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organization performing scientific research in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry, and computer science.
Why should you apply for the programme? They strive to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer looking to attract applicants to complement our existing teams – successful innovation is built on teams of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2021
- University or Organization: EMBL
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Fellowships
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain
- The award can be taken in the Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain
- Eligible Countries: Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- A University degree in natural sciences or related STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- At least four years of full-time equivalent research experience (in technology development) in STEM fields, a high level of skills (postdoctoral standard), or expertise in a specialization in which doctoral degrees are not usually awarded. Experience can be both in academia or non-academic sectors, but must be relevant to the research fields of our groups and teams that are participating in the program.
- Experience relevant to technology development related to service provision
- Strong research potential that can be shown through e.g., scientific publications, scientific software unique or problematic data sets, technical documentation or similar, contributions to patents, examples of management of technology development projects or detailed description of any other innovative research you have performed and your achievements or through other ways to demonstrate experience relevant to technology development and scientific services.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborative working
- The capacity to work independently and think creatively, excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to communicate and work with a diverse group of individuals across the organization
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must have to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: In your online application, you will be asked to submit a project proposal as well as additional documents relevant for the evaluation of your application
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a university degree in natural sciences or related STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have fluency in English (written and oral) and excellent communication skills.
Applicants will receive a salary to complete their fellowship for the academic year 2022-2023.