The Asian Development Bank is proud to offer 135 graduate Japan Scholarships Program for overseas students for the academic session 2022-2023.
The purpose of this funded education program is to support well-deserved candidates of any nationality in completing their postgraduate studies at one of the participating institutions either in Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, or Thailand, and the USA.
A worthy opportunity for students.
User Review( votes)
The Asian Development Bank was established in the 1960s as a financial institution. It is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific.
Why would you like to apply for the ADB Japan scholarship program? This program will give you the advantage to choose your institution of study and helps you in covering your study expenses by providing the best facilities for education.
Application Deadline: Varies according to the institution.
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, and Viet Nam are eligible.
- Admissible Criteria: The program is open to those who have gained admission to an approved MA course at a participating academic institution.
- Candidates should be 35 years old or younger; in good health; with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent; and have a superior academic record.
- Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The participants have to request information and application forms from the chosen academic institution. They will be automatically awarded the grant once they enroll at any institution.
- Supporting Documents: Request forms, academic transcripts, language ability proof, a scan of the passport, and curriculum vitae should be attached.
- Admission Requirements: A bachelor’s degree is a must in order to apply to this program.
- Language Requirement: You need to demonstrate your English language proficiency through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
- The scholarship provides full tuition fees, a monthly allowance for expenses, housing, books and instructional materials, medical insurance, and travel.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language, and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.