Start your journey to becoming a competent and confident lawyer at the Yong Pung How School of Law of the Singapore Management University by applying for its PGPP-ASEAN Scholarships established for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship is exclusively offered to students from ASEAN countries that want to undertake their postgraduate studies at the School of Law at SMU. Students are eligible to apply for an LLM or Dual LLM programme and secure funding up to $10,000 towards their tuition fees, living allowances, and the purchase of textbooks.
Applicants from ASEAN countries will get an amount of up to $10,000 in Singapore.
User Review( votes)
Set up as Singapore’s second law school in 2007, The Yong Pung How School of Law is one of the six schools of Singapore Management University, which is one of the best public research universities in Singapore ranking 511-520 in QS Global World Rankings 2021.
Why choose to study at the Singapore Management University? The school of law aims to build a collegial team of excellent researchers and teachers and to nurture lawyers who will lead and serve the community with distinction. It is dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge through an emphasis on excellence, rigor, passion, and innovation.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit online applications is 1st May 2022.
- University or Organization: Singapore Management University – Yong Pung How School of Law
- Department: Yong Pung How School of Law
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: $10,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Singapore.
- Eligible Countries: Students from ASEAN and its observer countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for an LLM or Dual LLM programme offered at the School of Law at SMU.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled in the eligible PG programme at SMU.
- The applicants must be citizens of ASEAN country members and its observers.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must first generate a student application pass on IAC website. The students must then complete the online application form for admission. All eligible students will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate
- A copy of your official transcripts
- A copy of your current resume (maximum 6 pages)
- Recommendation letter
- Personal statement
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a good first degree in Law, LLB or JD or its equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- UKVI – 4
- TOEFL – 90
A scholarship award of $10,000 will be rewarded to the selected international students for their postgraduate law studies at the School of Law at SMU.