To offer excellent students ample global learning opportunities abroad, Lingnan University has announced the Assistant Professor Positions in the Department of Cultural Studies for the academic year 2022-2023.
The position of Assistant Professor at the Department of Cultural Studies at Lingnan will be given to an applicant with a relevant PhD degree qualification and experience. The positioned candidate will be provided a salary varying upon his qualifications and experience for three years.
Fabulous chance to become a part of this postdoctoral scholarship programme in Hong Kong.
User Review( votes)
Lingnan University, formerly called Lingnan College, is the only public liberal arts university in Hong Kong that aims to provide students with an education in the liberal arts tradition and has joined the Global Liberal Arts Alliance in 2012 and is ranked 2nd worldwide for “Quality Education” in the latest Times Higher Education (THE) University Impact Rankings 2020.
Why choose to study at Lingnan University? Lingnan University is fully committed to the pursuit of excellence in both teaching and research. It strives to pursue excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship, and community engagement. It seeks to provide its students with a quality education distinguished by the best liberal arts tradition from East and West.
Application Deadline: The reviewing of applications for this position will begin by the end of April 2022. The application process will be open until the position is filled.
- University or Organization: Lingnan University
- Department: Department of Cultural Studies
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong.
- Eligible Countries: Home country national students and international are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the assistant professor position at the Department of Cultural Studies at Lingnan University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a strong interest in any of the following will be an advantage: Hong Kong Studies, China Studies, and Global South.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can submit their applications to be considered for the position online by logging in on the application portal. All applications will be considered equally.
- Supporting Documents: The students must include a letter of interest, a CV, and at least one writing sample in the application.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a PhD degree, preferably in digital culture and social media, urban commons and ecology, gender/sexuality and labor, textual analysis, ethnography, or extensive data analysis.
- Language Requirement: The students must have good communication skills in English.
The PhD candidates selected by Lingnan University for this position will be provided Remuneration in accordance with qualifications and experience and fringe benefits, including annual leave, medical and dental benefits, mandatory provident fund, gratuity, and incoming passage and baggage allowance.