The Australian Government is offering the Australia Awards to help students fund their studies in Australia. Applications are now being accepted for the academic year 2023-2024.
To be eligible, the applicants must have undertaken a master’s degree at an Australian tertiary institution. Applications are strongly encouraged from eligible women, people with disability, and ethnic minorities. At least 50 percent of the scholarships will target qualified female applicants.
Nice offer for Bangladesh applicants in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The Australian Government, also known as the Commonwealth Government, is the national government of Australia, a federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy. Like other Westminster-style government systems, the Australian Government comprises three branches: the executive and the judicial.
Why should you apply for this programme? While studying, they can work up to 20 hours per week during the semester and full-time during the semester break. It can be a great way to find study-related work or pay for your lifestyle in Australia. It is a world-leading education institution, premium training facilities, and outstanding lecturers and student support services. It provides an education designed to help you succeed in the global workforce.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 1 May 2023.
- University or Organization: Australian Government
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s degree
- Award: Tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Bangladesh
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Master’s degree offered by Blue economy, Health, Development Environment Sustainability, Trade Industry, Public Policy Economics Governance, Infrastructure Science Engineering, Security studies- Counter-terrorism and countering violent extremism Cyber security Police studies & intelligence
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of Bangladesh and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from Bangladesh
- Not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency at any time during the application, selection, or mobilization phases.
- Students not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia, or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently.
- Not be applying for another long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia.
- Applicants must be able to satisfy admission requirements of the Australian institution where the Award will be undertaken.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for admission must be made online via its application portal. Scholarship applications can be made OASIS at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants will need to supply several documents to support their scholarship application, including,
- Passport (Proof of citizenship )
- Tertiary degree certificates of Bachelor’s and Master’s (if applicable) degrees
- Academic transcript of Bachelor’s and Master’s (if applicable) degrees
- Curriculum Vitae
- Master’s by coursework applicants, two reports – one academic – one professional
- Master’s by research applicants, three reports – two academic – one professional
- For applicants from the Government of Bangladesh, proof of cadre service
- Additional requirements for Master’s by research applicants: Research proposal (use prescribed template on Australia Awards – Bangladesh website) Evidence of written (email or letter) in-principle support from a potential supervisor.
- Admission Requirements: All applicants must meet minimum eligibility requirements.
- Language Requirement: An applicant must be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade supported student visa must have achieved an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or higher (with no individual band score of less than 6.0) or an equivalent TOEFL or PTE score.
- Scholarship recipients will receive the following benefits:
- Return air travel
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- Total tuition fees • contribution to living expenses
- Introductory academic program
- Overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship
- Supplementary academic support
- Fieldwork allowance for research students and Master’s by coursework has a compulsory fieldwork component.