With the aiming of improving Austrian-American relations, the Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation is pleased to offer scholarships for the brightest candidates.
The grant is open for students at US universities conducting research at the University of Graz or students of the University of Graz conducting research at a US institution of higher education.
Nice opportunity for US and Austrian citizens
User Review( votes)
The Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation supports the cooperation between Austrian and American universities and academics. It is established according to Federal legislation for foundations and funds. The activity of the Foundation is largely oriented toward the respective university and theme.
Why should you apply to this program? The program gives a lucky chance to applicants who wish to pursue a career in a research-related field. They can get the destination for career, leadership, and volunteer opportunities specific to their education and professional goals.
- Call: September 5th to October 31st 2022 – earliest start January 30st, 2023
- Call: March / April 2023 – earliest start August 2023
- University or Organization:
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Education Fund
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Austria.
- Eligible Countries: Austrian and US citizens
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research in any field
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this fund, the applicant must be a full-time student from the US partner university of the University of Graz interested in conducting part of their research for their bachelor, master, or PhD thesis at the University of Graz and be nominated by their home university.
How to Apply
- Find the check-list for the application and the MPS application form here.
- Further information on the application.
- General information about the Marshall Plan Scholarship.
- How to Apply: In the event to grasp this grant, aspirants are requested to be registered as full-time PhD students at one of the US Joint study partner universities of the University of Graz. After taking confirmation, claimants will be nominated by the international office of their home university via e-mail, providing the following details: name according to passport, email address, level and field of study at the home university, and intended exchange period at the University of Graz.
- Supporting Documents: Submit the CV/resume, detailed research proposal for the intended research stays at the University of Graz, a short description of the research agenda, a detailed description of the research problem incl., research questions, general objective/goals, methodology, research approach, workflow relevance, expected results and broader impact of the research project, 2 letters of recommendation and proof of enrollment at home university, an official transcript of records, letter of supervision signed by a professor at the University of Graz and passport copy.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants need to hold certificates of previous degree qualification with good academic grades.
- Language Requirement: All seekers must have to demonstrate English-language proficiency.
The claimants will get an amount worth up to EUR 4.000 – 10.000, depending on the duration of their stay.