The University of Otago is delighted to offer its Bamforth Postgraduate Scholarship. The grant is available for New Zealand students to pursue master and PhD program.
The aim of The grant is encouraging research in the history, literature and culture of Scotland, and the influence of Scottish migration to New Zealand and elsewhere.
The University of Otago is a collegiate university located in Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand. It scores highly for average research quality, and in 2006 was second only to the University of Auckland in the number of A-rated academic researchers it employs.
- Application Deadline: Applicants can apply anytime.
- Course Level: Masters and PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: Varies – the scholarship will be offered subject to available funds
- Nationality: New Zealand applicants
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: New Zealand applicants are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be:
- Obtaining their first master’s or doctoral qualification
- Domestic students
- Undertaking research related to Scotland
How to Apply: Applications for masters opportunities are made online through the eVision portal. The application form will be available through an alert, see the “When to Apply” section below.
- Applications for Research Master’s scholarships should occur either:
- When applying for admission (if the degree is by thesis only, or if the thesis will begin straight away) – you will receive an alert in your eVision portal after applying for admission to your programme, inviting you to apply for a scholarship.
- Applications for doctoral opportunities are made online through the eVision portal and can be made at any time of the year. Once you have applied for admission to your programme you will receive an alert in your student portal inviting you to apply for a scholarship.
The University of Otago is offering NZ $15,000 stipend per annum plus domestic Master’s tuition fee waiver (excludes student services fee); NZ $27,000 stipend per annum plus domestic PhD tuition fee waiver (excludes student services fees)