The University of Birmingham providing the Canada Outstanding Achievement Scholarships programme to brilliant students for the academic year 2021- 2022.
The financial aid positions will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Being one of the most popular UK universities, it has been involved in many discoveries made by the University’s researchers, including gaseous diffusion and cavity magnetron.
Why study at the University of Birmingham? When you choose the University of Birmingham, you’ll benefit from an outstanding education from one of the top 100 universities in the world. You’ll be part of a diverse international community in a vibrant and exciting city right at the heart of the UK. In the glorious heart of England, Birmingham is a diverse, modern, and exciting city with a long cultural and intellectual heritage.
Application Deadline: 11 June 2021
- University or Organization: University of Birmingham
- Department: NA
- Course level: Undergraduate
- Award: £2,500
- Numbers of award: 4
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Canada
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible countries: Application is accepted from Canada.
- Eligible course or subjects: Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship;
- Have sufficient funds to cover the total cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK
- Start their studies at the University in September 2021
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to, one of our local representatives listed here in alphabetical order: Canada Law from Abroad (CLFA) and SI-UK Canada.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To grasp the opportunity, aspirants have to be admitted to the university. After that, the applicant is eligible for the opportunity program.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit the following documents when you apply:
- Copy of passport/visa (if available)
- Academic transcript
- Personal statement reference letters
- CV (if applicable)
- Admission Requirement: Candidate must have the followings
- Three GCE A levels (including International A Levels)
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma
- SQA Highers and Advanced Highers (many programs will accept Highers without additional Advanced Highers)
- The Cambridge Pre-U (minimum three separate subjects)
- A mix of A levels and Cambridge Pre-U subjects (minimum three in total)
- The Irish Leaving Certificate Higher Level
- The European Baccalaureate
- Language Requirement: To undertake a programme of study here at the university, you will need to demonstrate that you have a suitable level of English proficiency.
The University of Birmingham will award four scholarships of £2,500 to support Canadian students applying for an undergraduate program.