In collaboration with European Commission, Vesuvius Group SA is offering the MSCA-ITN PhD Scholarships in Rate-Dependent Constitutive Modelling of Heat Resisting Materials.
The project’s objective is to derive new computational models for refractory materials, which will make it possible for the first time to simulate in-silico their behavior over the whole working temperature range.
A fantastic chance for students.
User Review( votes)
Vesuvius Group SA (VESUVIUS) is a global leader in supplying specialized refractory products and packaged technology solutions to the steel making, foundry and glass industries, employing more than 12,000 people in 90 different countries.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
- University or Organization: Vesuvius Group SA and European Commission
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 3270
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Europe
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Rate-Dependent Constitutive Modelling of Heat Resisting Materials
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Researcher status: Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) shall at the time of recruitment by the host organization be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree, which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country researcher is recruited.
- Applicant ESRs can be of any nationality.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this program, applicants have to take admission to the PhD degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Submit the following:
- a copy of the Master’s and Bachelor’s certificates and the respective Transcripts of Records
- the summary of the Master’s degree thesis
- a letter of motivation
- at least one presentation letter by a previous scientific supervisor
- a declaration regarding the country where they have resided or carried out their main activity(work, studies, etc.) in the three years immediately before the date of application
- a research proposal consistent with the purpose of the research, in which the candidate explains how he/she would develop the research topic
- a professional-scientific CV, demonstrating their skills and ability to conduct the research program described in this call.
- the publication list and any additional certificate or qualification
- A copy of their ID card or another form of identification.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a first-class Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Solid and Structural Mechanics, Civil/Structural/Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills and highly proficient English language skills.
Vesuvius Group SA and European Commission will provide € 3270 (before employer and employee deductions – fixed for a period of the appointment) per month, plus a monthly taxable mobility allowance of € 600.00.