Tuition is on the rise nationwide, and scholarships give students access to higher education. Therefore, the China Scholarship Council (CSC), KU Leuven, and IMEC are jointly offering the CSC IMEC KU Leuven Scholarships programme.
The main purpose of PhD degree Scholarships helps to reduce the impact of rising tuition costs. The grant is open for Chinese students.
Amazing opportunity for Chinese students in Belgium.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1425, KU Leuven University is mainly known for its outstanding teaching, research, and services in the natural sciences, engineering, humanities, medicine, law, business, and social sciences.
Why study at KU Leuven? KU Leuven is an institute where the students enhance their knowledge in different fields such as research and education with international appeal. All programmes at this University are based on the innovative research of its scientists and professors.
Application Deadline: 15 December 2020
- University or Organization: KU Leuven, CSC, IMEC
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 400€
- Number of Awards: 50
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Chinese students
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from China
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Science and Technology at the KU Leuven University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible,
- Candidates should be citizens of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application. Overseas Chinese students may be eligible for application subject to CSC policy at the time.
- Candidates must hold a conditional offer letter from imec, stating that they will be admitted to the imec/KU Leuven PhD or postdoc program on condition of obtaining a CSC scholarship
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants have to take admission for the PhD degree programme at the KU Leuven University.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates have to submit the previous degree certificate, copy of passport and other relevant documents.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates are required to hold their previous certificates of degree.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate or provide details of when you will take the test.
- CSC provides a living stipend as well as the return international airfare between China and Belgium to each scholarship holder.
- Imec or KU Leuven will waive the tuition fee, provide medical insurance and a housing allowance of max. 400€/month or an equivalent reduction in housing costs in a university residence for the period of funding provided by CSC. The KU Leuven registration fee cannot be waived.
- The scholarship funding for each scholarship holder will be up to 48 months.