Trinity College Dublin and the Chinese Scholarship Council have come together and established the Chinese Scholarship Council – Trinity College Dublin Joint Scholarship Programme to finance PhD studies of Chinese students in Ireland.
All Chinese national students that wish to pursue a PhD degree study in Ireland at TCD are eligible to apply for this application . Sponsored by the Chinese Scholarship Council, this grant will cover tuition fees, living expenses, airfare, and a stipend to the selected candidates.
Trinity College Dublin also called the College of the Holy, is the top-ranked university in Ireland ranked by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings at 155th position in the world. TCD provides a liberal environment where independence of thought is highly valued and where all are encouraged to achieve their full potential.
Why study at Trinity College Dublin? Trinity College Dublin undertakes a global mobility experience. The diverse campus adds to the Trinity Experience for everyone, enhances their personal development, and enriches the culture of the university. It is an open and inclusive university that is dedicated to its commitment to equality and diversity are valued on which Trinity’s excellence relies.
Application Deadline: 22 February 2022
- University or Organization: Trinity College Dublin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full Tuition fee and other expenses
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland.
- Eligible Countries: People’s Republic of China
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD study programmes can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold an offer to study at Trinity in order to apply for the opportunity .
- The applicants must be enrolled in a full-time master’s degree at a university in China.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to find the course they wish to apply for and select the ‘Apply’ link under the course description to submit their online application for the same. applications must be made on the online website of CSC.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover email [email protected] to request the document.
- Project proposal (max 2 pages)
- A brief biography of the supervisor (max 1 page)
- Statement of how this project aligns with the Global Relations strategy for the School, and how this student’s application would be of benefit to the University
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honors degree from an Irish university or equivalent result from a university in another country.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must fulfill Trinity’s English language requirement of 6.5 IELTS overall or equivalent.
The selected PhD candidates will be awarded full fee-waiver from Trinity, and a stipend for living costs, airfare, and health insurance to study at TCD.